Performs complex electrical service and repair tasks on all types of vessels, utilizing various power and hand-tools, meeting or beating budgets and schedules. Ability to install complete electrical systems. The employee will perform a wide variety of different tasks depending on the needs of the company. Work is completed under minimal supervision of a team leader or manager.
* Knowledge of AC (60 and 400 Hz) and DC electrical systems.
* Installs wiring, fixtures, and equipment for electrical service.
* Skilled in reading and interpreting blueprints, wiring diagrams and schematics.
* Wires and connects electrical and completing circuitry and testing systems using ohmmeters, voltmeters and other electrical testing equipment.
* Drills holes in bulkhead and cabin to mount panels and fixtures.
* Has the ability to troubleshoot system problems and provide creative solutions for difficult system installations.
* Interprets work orders and plans projects to be completed.
* Develops material lists for project completion.
* May have client contact requiring customer service communication skills.
* Follow defined instructions and procedures in performance of tasks.
* Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations and maintain safe, clean work area.
* All work to be performed to Company quality standards.
* Perform other related duties as necessary and assigned.
* May be required to work in confined spaces or heights above 10 feet.
* Demonstrate the ability to supervise junior personnel
* Knowledge of electrical systems such as switchboards, switch-gear, distribution panels, controls, etc.
* Ability to plan and make working diagrams and circuits.
* Capable of cable run fabrication and wire way fabrication
* Knowledge of power and hand tools: drills, saws, drill press, heat gun, soldering iron, multi- meter, wrenches, test equipment for marine electronic equipment.
* US Citizenship
* High School Diploma
* Minimum 5 years’ experience.
* Must have a current U.S. Driver’s License
* Must pass drug screening.
* Able to work in confined spaces or heights above 10 feet.
Job Type: Full-time
Main Office Tacoma, WA
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com